how it works
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
How it works
1. Fill out our booking form. Select the dates you want to hire the VW, add your personal info, select any extras you would like. You can also select to use our transfer service. Make sure you have read the terms and conditions and submit the form.
2. We will respond to you with a quote for the cost of your hire and a booking confirmation form for you to sign. We will ask for a £200 non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. Balance payment is due 30 days before the hire date.
3. Up to 7 days prior to your hire we will need to receive photo copies of driving licenses for any of the named drivers and photo copies of two utility bills for proof of address (dated within the last 3 months prior to the hire period).
4. Upon arrival to collect your van we will take a security deposit via pre-authorisation of £500 via debit or credit card. We will refund (if appropriate) your security deposit once the returned vehicle has been checked and cleared as undamaged and with no losses.
5. The fun part - We'll show you how everything works, hand over the keys and you're free to drive off on your VW camper adventure!
Our vans are 4 berth and seat 5
Fully comprehensive insurance for the first driver (any additional drivers is an extra £3 a day)
Camping gas and mains hook up lead
DAB radio with USB charging Point
Outdoor table and two camping chairs
Cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery
Any extras you want to include can be added on via our booking form. You can also add them on at a later date by contacting us before your hire date, so we can prepare them for you and charge you correctly.
European travel charge
Double bedding pack (double duvet, 2 pillows, fitted sheet)
£10 per day
£3 per day
Children's sleeping bag
outdoor table and chairs
dog (max. 2)
£20 cleaning fee
Cadac safari 2 outdoor bbq cooker
Airport Transfer costs £25 each way
Train Transfer from Bristol Temple Meads costs £5 each way
If you would like more information about any extras please contact us on +447514145237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Collecting the van
Collections take place near our home in Bristol. See map for location. We will arrange with you prior to collection for a specific time to arrive as to what works best for you.
If you need picking up from the Airport or Train Station we will also arrange a time for collection for using our transfer service.
Please remember to bring all required documentation including two proofs of address and driving licence for each driver.
what to bring
We have kitted out our vans with everything you need to enjoy your trip. All kitchen equipment and utensils are provided. We will provide washing up liquid, tea towels, salt & pepper, tea, coffee and sugar to get you started. Just bring your own bedding and towels or alternatively we will be happy to provide these for you at a small extra cost. See extras. Just bring your clothes, shoes, swimwear, books, camera, any other personal items you think you might want for an enjoyable adventure.
Each named driver will need to bring
Your driving license showing your current address
Two current forms of address identification (such as a bank statement or utility bill) which will confirm the address on your driving license
For drivers from the UK, we will need to carry out a DVLA check on your license and for this will need your National Insurance Number. Alternatively you can generate your own check code on the DVLA website here. (Please bring this code with you or email it to us at email@example.com
We will need a credit or debit card to freeze the security deposit of £500 which you will get back up to 7 days after the return of the vehicle
Without this information we will not be able to hand over the keys to your van, so please make sure you have these with you. Alternatively, you can email us copies of these before your hire date.
places to stay
There's a wide range of campsites, varying from basic fields to five star holiday parks. During low season there should be no need to book ahead but during the summer season and school holiday's it's wise to book ahead. We have made a list of campsites with lists of amenities on our interactive campsite list here. We may not have listed every single one so you can also use google in the area you are heading.
Our vans come with a mains hook up lead so you can recharge the leisure battery, run electricity through the plug sockets in the van and not have to worry about running out of battery whilst plugged in. However, it is not essential to have a camp spot with access to mains hook up as the leisure battery will be charged from driving the car and should last quite a while.